An empowered Oceania working together
Our vision is an empowered Oceania working together towards a sustainable future in the face of climate change.
Climates is a non-profit organisation that is building a network of volunteers, supporters, communities and businesses across Australia and Pacific Island countries.
We want to see:
- Vulnerable communities becoming more resilient to the increasingly complex and devastating impacts of climate change;
- Australians taking responsibility with stronger personal and collective actions that drastically cut our contributions to global greenhouse gas emissions; and
- More people across our region feeling empowered to advocate for stronger climate policies from local, national and international leaders and businesses.
In pursuit of our vision, we:
- Work with communities across Oceania to implement projects that help realise local visions of climate resilience;
- Facilitate partnerships that mobilise financial, material and human resources in support of community-led action on climate change; and
- Host events that elevate frontline voices and provide people across the region with an opportunity to explore the causes, impacts and solutions to climate change.
Climates’ work is carried out by a community of skilled volunteers, supported by a small team of full-time staff, and resourced with the contributions of a diverse body of institutional partners. We have a full-time office in Suva, which is supported by Directors and volunteers who contribute from Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.